While snuggling on the couch--
Anna: Are we going to get another baby?
Me: I hope so.
Anna: I hope the nother baby doesn't hurt you. I hope the nother baby doesn't go to heaven.
Me: Me too, sweetheart. Me too.
*****
While playing Lego's on the bedroom floor--
Kellen: How much longer are you going to be sad, Mom?
*****
While putting a puzzle together--
Anna: When are we going to get another baby?
Me: Probably not for a long time, but every time we think about it let's ask Jesus to give us another baby. Okay?
Anna: But Jesus took our baby to Heaven.
Me: Yes, He did.
Anna: That was mean. He is not nice.
How does one even begin to respond to that?? I tried.
*****
While getting ready for bed--
Anna: Where is our baby?
Me: In Heaven with Jesus.
Anna: Not in your tummy any more.
Me: No.
Anna: Is our baby crying? (She has asked this numerous times.)
Me: No, there is no crying in heaven. Our baby NEVER had to cry and NEVER will cry.
*****
Every phrase of Anna's prayers begin with, 'thanks for...'
Anna's prayer before bed--
"Thanks for Grandma coming to our house. Thanks for Grandpa coming to our house. And thanks for our nother baby not to go to heaven. Amen."
10 years ago

3 comments:
Well if that doesn't just break your heart! So sweet and gut wrenching at the same time! Praying for you sweet friends!!!
Oh Shawn. How my heart breaks for you all. I love you all and pray for God's loving embrace around each of you!! Give my kids hugs from me!!
Oh Shawn. I have not been reading blogs lately, and I HATE that I missed out on this past month of your life... My heart hurts for you guys. Praying for peace and comfort...
Post a Comment