Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Cookie Monster

That's what my mom called Anna after I told her this story.

Yesterday, I made no-bake cookies to give to the neighbors. As there was no room on my kitchen counters, I decided to drop the cookies on parchment paper in the middle of the kitchen table. Thinking to myself, 'Kellen will leave them alone if I ask him to and Anna can't reach them.' The furnace repair man was at our house and needed payment and signatures as soon as the cookies were done. As I was standing at the top of the stairs talking to the man, I heard a strange munching sound. Stepping around the corner, I saw Anna standing in a kitchen chair chowing down on cookies as fast as she could. I caught her just before she put cookie number 4 in her mouth. :) Sneaky little rascal!

Note to self, Annie can now climb onto the kitchen chairs all by herself.

And, just to accentuate the vast difference in my children's personalities, Kellen was on the other side of the table throughout all of this. He, however, was obeying and only eating the little crumbs I had told him he could have that had fallen between cookies in the dropping process.

My mom asked on the phone, "How can two children look so much alike and yet be so different?"

1 comment:

Cat said...

Ha!! I love it! I think God gives us VERY different kids to keep up on our toes...or our knees.