My parents made a surprise visit last weekend. I figured out the surprise a few hours before they arrived, but kept it a secret from the kids. When Kellen saw them out the window he got really quiet and contemplative. Then looked back and forth between me and the window trying to make sure his eyes weren't playing tricks on him. Finally he whispered, "Grandma and Grandpa are home." When I confirmed his statement, he went crazy trying to get to the door to let them in. Anna had no idea what the excitement was about, but followed her brother screaming and jumping up and down.
Their time here was loaded with activities! We took them to our church for the first time, celebrated Mother's Day with yummy hot wings that Tandon grilled, set up Anna's twin bed, went swimming, walked around Old Market and ate at The Twisted Fork, watched Kellen at swim lessons, and went to the zoo. We had a wonderful time and were super sad to see them leave!!
Thank you guys for coming and especially for helping build Kellen's confidence in the pool. He needed that extra boost! We love you guys!
2 comments:
Sarah is now in a twin bed too. How did our little baby girls get this big. I don't like it!
Fun surprise! I bet your kids were in heaven, and it sounds like you packed in the fun stuff. Glad swimming is going better and better.
Post a Comment