I finally started our Funny Book. Thanks Leslie for the idea! It is a place to record all the funny things our kids say so that as they grow up we can read it together. I had great intentions of creating a cute scrapbook with a picture to accompany each story. However, my desire to make the book cute and perfect resulted in no book at all for the past 4 years, sigh! I broke down and bought a plain old journal and started writing. It's better than nothing, right? Here are the first few stories in our Funny Book. I'll try to remember to share more as we record them.
2011--Some of Kellen's favorite cereals are: 'Yucky Charms' and 'Crap-n-Crunch'
December 2011--While folding laundry, Kellen asked if he could wear my bra. Knowing that Daddy would think it was funny I obliged. When Daddy saw Kellen in the bra he laughed and said, 'What are you doing?' Kellen's response: 'Mommy let me wear the thing for her elbows.'
January 2012--Kellen insists on wearing his underwear backwards so he can see the picture--creating a rather uncomfortable situation.
January 2012--Anna woke up in the middle of the night, so I went in to rock her for a few minutes. When I got up to put her back into her crib, she grabbed my shoulders and said, 'Sit!' Knowing that the times when she will let me rock her are drawing to a close I decided to comply. After about 10 minutes of rocking I mentioned that maybe it was time she go back to bed. She jerked her fingers out of her mouth and said, 'No! Sit!' We cuddled for a while longer before I insisted that she return to her own bed. She certainly knows how to make her desires known!
Thanks again Leslie for the Funny Book idea. Oh, how I wish I had started it a few years ago!

2 comments:
What a great idea! So cute!!! We had a similar cuddle experience not too long ago. It's hard not to give in to those sweet moments even if it is the middle of the night.
I love this idea! Thanks for sharing your recent entries---so cute!
Post a Comment