Friday, December 30, 2011

Christmas In Colorado

A few highlights from our Christmas in Colorado (doesn't that just sound nice, Christmas in Colorado?)

Everyone was there, even Grandma--my dad's mom.

The two older kids played beautifully together, as always.

Anna wanted SO badly to be a part of Kellen and Miah's games but was just too little this year.

There was snow on the ground the whole time we were there.

Anna wet her pants during the climax of the beautiful Christmas Eve service. Nice.

My dad planned a beautiful retelling of the nativity Christmas morning, complete with little people toys, scripture, and singing--slightly off key.

Sweet Miah decorated sugar cookies with me--my kids were not interested.

We had the pleasure of listening to the never ending concert from the kids on their new guitars. Mostly singing Tim McGraw's Last Dollar--Fly Away.

Conversation between Grandma and Kellen during the Christmas Eve service:
K--Why is this lasting so long?
G--Because we are singing songs to Jesus to tell him how much we love him and to thank him for coming to earth as a baby.
K--Oh. Well, when you and Grandpa get to Heaven--and then I get there--I'm going to run as fast as I can and come find you.
Games, laughter, and gifts for the adults until 1 in the morning. The next night we had a designated clock watcher. :)

Kellen went on his first tour of the Air Force Academy and saw where Grandpa does ministry.

Way too much yummy food and snacks!

And in Kellen's words, 'I don't want to go home! Why can't I stay here forever?' My thoughts exactly!

1 comment:

Shanna said...

Aww! Sounds like you guys had a great Christmas. I'm so glad.